Friday, June 06, 2003

Friday, At Last

Yea, it's Friday at last. I'm ready for the weekend. It's been a rough week with the ECHO, the results, the worrisome conference call, the manager meeting on Friday. I told Lori this morning about what might be coming down. In the discussion she said maybe Milinda should go to the vacant SW position. I said it was on the FHS budget and I really didn't know what might happen to it. She said what about Ginger who is also on that budget...and I told her we really just don't know yet. Well, she moped around and acted pitiful the rest of the day. I told her all of this was just something we would have to deal with if it became an issue but it's apparent she was having trouble with it. My plan for the weekend is to determine just how much time I have and when to go. I have over 1000 hours of sick leave which is about six months and over 400 hours of annual leave which is close to three months. I may be able to go 9/1. Wouldn't that be something. BB, Lori, Joann and I went to Joseph's for lunch. We ran into Charlotte there and she had lunch with us. The food was okay but nothing special. Joann said later that sitting with Charlotte and hearing her talk brought back some really bad memeories for her...just the way Charlotte looked at her and the tone of her voice. I said I couldn't count the number of times I almost quit because CC had chewed my butt and I had spent many an hour talking with Peggy as we commiserated about something CC had said or done. Joann brought up her question about BB living with CC. I really did not want to go there. I don't know if Lori talked to Milinda while I was at the RAC because Milinda came in my office when I got back from my meeting and quizzed me about how safe her job was, didn't she need someone to supervise, etc. Had my usual from Luby's for dinner.