Thursday, July 10, 2003

Hot Spot

That's what Jazz has on his butt. I took him to Dr. Tipton Tuesday afternoon and he's been giving that diagnosis quite a lot recently. I came home Tuesday at lunch and Jazz had licked and chewed the scab off the spot and it was raw and pink. He couldn't take more than a step or two before he threw himself down and went after it again. Poor baby. Dr. shaved the area, gave him a shot, gave me some pills and ointment. The shot must have made him really drowsy as he fell asleep in the middle of the kitchen floor on the hard bricks. He finally drug himself into the living room and sat there with his eyes half closed. I took him to the yard and he peed and was not interested in doing anything else. The shots and pills worked because he seems not to be itching so bad and leaves the place alone until the medicine starts wearing off. He sleeps just fine at night, thank goodness. I went to the Retirement Seminar on Wednesday afternoon. It sounds good all except for the tax hit I will take since I'm not yet 55. Oh well, I think I will go on with it as I need the money to do what I want to do...pay off bills and buy a camper. Some lady at the meeting mentioned that I should see a tax accountant and I could get the tax penalty spread over three years. Talked a little with Patsy and she said Alice had given her the name of a tax specialist they use as someone to talk to about how best to handle the taxes. I'll get his name from Alice tomorrow. Got very irritated with Lori today. There was another incident with Jimmy Giddings and when she couldn't reach me she went ahead and emailed Michelle Long. I suppose I couldn't keep the irritation out of my voice as she apologized and claimed she was not thinking right because she was sick. However, she seems to shoot first and think about it later more often than not. She did say today that she had decided to apply for my job. That's today. By tomorrow she may have changed her mind again. Lois Flynn called me today. Not sure why but we chatted a little while. I guess she was checking to see if I was still gonna do it. Didn't see Barbara today. She was feeling bad on Monday so may have stayed home.