Friday, August 27, 2004

It's almost bedtime and I've spent most of the day sitting here at this computer. I did clean up and venture out to the grocery store to get some items I needed before payday. I had in my mind that Monday was Labor Day but it is a week from Monday. Today was a state holiday though....LBJ's birthday. There is rain predicted for tomorrow. I need to mow the front yard so will try to work that in as a weekend project unless it is too rainy. Jazz and I piddled in the back yard for a while. I sat in the swing while he patrolled the fence line. The hummingbirds are becoming much more active. Funny, I can hear them nearby fussing with each other but I only see one or two at my feeders. I spent a lot of time today reading a lady's blog about fulltiming in a RV. They have a black miniature poodle named Odie. He looks to have longer legs than Jazz. He's living the good life. I have their blog read all the way thru July. They are in Oregon heading along the coast. She has made the remark that they belong to the ABB (anybody but Bush) party. Yeah, there are more of us out there. I watched the USA women's basketball team defeat the Russians today and they will now go into a medal round. It's been difficult to follow the basketball team as their games were usually shown at 6:00 am and by the time I knew they were on, they were over. ...bummer. They did not look too good today. Russia almost came back on them and did get within a point. The men's team lost their third game and were eliminated. That's the NBA for you. They don't know how to play as a team....they are all too selfish. I bought ingredients for the taco recipe that I saw in Southern Living and also the items I needed to make the vermicelli salad. I hope it is like the salad we had at work. I'll have those next week. I'm kind of in a rut about my dinners. Seems I have the same thing every week so this will be a change. I'm sleepy since I got up at 6:00 this morning. I'm going to shower, read a few minutes and go to bed.