Friday, August 27, 2004

Objects You Wish You Had From Your Parent's Home

I said earlier I would use the List Yourself book periodically in this blog. Here's a list of things I wish I had from my parent's home:

  1. The Duncan Phyfe dining table and chairs. I remember it being around until we moved to the house on Dayton. I guess they sold it thinking there was no room for it.
  2. That big wooden box that was out in the garage. I don't recall anything special being in it but there might have been.
  3. The telephone shelf that was built into the hallway wall on Confederate. No cordless phones then. We sat on the floor in the hall and talked, usually in the dark.
  4. The concrete back steps from the house on Confederate; I spent a lot of quiet time there.
  5. That old tin cake box; why did mother give it to the church for a garage sale?
  6. The dresser from Mama and Granddad Jordan's house that mother had refinished. It was taken by Cullen and PM and later we were told it was stolen when their store room was broken into. Yeah, I believe that. They sold it and pocketed the money for their slimy selves.
  7. Those old fashioned, heavy steel outdoors chairs and the glider that went with them.
  8. The hydragea bushes on the side of the house on Dayton. They were always so pretty in bloom.
  9. Neighbors like Kermit and Ellen. They would do anything for you.
  10. The twin beds that matched the dresser in my room. Mother traded them to Aunt Ruby for the king sized bed.