Surprise Beach Trip
Had an email from KK the later part of June asking if I could go to the beach in July. Doesn't she know, I can do anything I want to so I said yes. KK was coming home for a week and asked Pat to see if the Angel beach house was open. Pat called and the Angels told her that it was available. We had not been to the beach in July in quite some time. It was really hot especially because the wind was not blowing the 'right' way. KK rigged up a couple of fans on the deck which helped. A lot has happened since February with Clint. Mike basically kicked him out of the house and he stayed with a friend for a few days. I think he called KK and asked it he could come up there and after she and Ward talked about it they agreed to have him come. He rode the bus to Baytown. Pat said he got off the bus with all his things in a cardboard box....looked pretty sad and ragged. They took care of him a couple of days, bought him some decent clothes and put him on a plane to Kville. KK and Ward welcomed him, put him in the bedroom by the kitchen, fixed it up with new bedspread, etc. Bought him some more clothes. Got him a temp job at 21st mortgage. He's now going to school and will have his high school diploma by the end of summer. He is now on permanent status at work and gets all the benefits, etc. His attitude is good and they feel that he is doing really good. Pat is really angry at Mike and the way he handled Clint. They basically do not talk anymore. Mike doesn't even call to talk with his Dad. He told KK that he didn't call because he and Pat got into arguements everytime he did. KK reminded him he did not have to talk to Pat, he could just ask for Dad. Mike is basically using that as an excuse as I don't think he can deal with Rudy's illness"
<< Home