Sunday, September 12, 2004

For Sale By Owner??!!

Went out to get the paper this Saturday morning and there were cars parked everywhere in front of Andy's house....a garage sale there and up the street at the sleeveless shirt man's house. That's why those tables were set up in their driveway. Anyway I glanced over at Andy's house and also saw a red sign saying for sale by owner. I must say I was surprised. I don't think they have lived there more than 2-3 years. I guess that is why he has been painting, etc. Some people are never happy with their situation. They get all settled someplace and decide it's time to move on. I suppose I am entirely the opposite. I'll get my nest built and am happy to be there for the long-term. Oh well, I'll get a chance to talk to Gloria and get the scoop. I opened the Muscat Canelli last evening and must say it is really too sweet for me, imagine that. I'll finish the bottle but won't buy it again. I really, really like the Schmitt-Schne riesling. I'll be buying more of that. Jazz does enjoy our little wine party on the patio each evening. He likes the cheese and the nuts mostly plus being outside with his mom. He patrols the yard, barks a little and then comes by for a taste of cheese or a peanut.