Monday, September 20, 2004

Home Made Bread

I love bread, especially warm home made bread right out of the machine. I wonder why I don't make it more often especially since time to do so is no longer an issue. It's so good. I made bread last night and it was fresh, hot and wonderfully fragrant this morning when I woke up. I had two slices for breakfast with the cherry preserves. Yum. Watched the Emmy awards last night. Some of my favorites won and some did not. I'm so glad Frasier and Friends are gone. Frasier won actor and supporting actor awards. I never cared for either one of them. Sit-Coms on TV these last few years have been a vast waste land IMO. I don't watch any of them. Nothing can compare with All In The Family, Mary Tyler Moore Show, Designing Women, Wonder Years, that Candace Bergen show (what was the name of that?), to name only a few. Those shows would make you laugh out loud. I continue to be obsessed with wine and reading about wine. Why, I don't understand. I get these little obsessions every once in a while. Perhaps it's a symptom of boredom. I really need to find a part time job. As far as wine is concerned, Riesling, the sweet ones, are my favorite. I was disappointed in Lambrusco, too tart, but maybe a more expensive one would be better. I still want to try Gewurtz and Moscato d'Asti or Oro.