Thursday, September 02, 2004

In A Pickle

Well, I was in a pickle for a couple of hours. I finished the pickle process and ended up with more than I expected from 5 pounds of cucumbers....almost nine pints! Now I won't have to ration my pickles on my sandwiches. I was surprised to receive a call from Peggy around 6:00pm. She had driven all the way up here in order to get the quarterly report done that Anna had not done before she left for a long weekend. She had asked David to pull it together and his response was it won't hurt if it's a little late. In other words, he couldn't care less about it. Peggy said she just didn't want to be the only director in the state whose report was late. She said she thought Anna was going to Ohio and the rumor was she was going to meet a man. Peggy thinks maybe she met him over the internet. Who knows. Anna was always a mystery to me. I was sorry I could not help Peggy but I've been gone from there over a year. I got so involved looking at other blogs and searching for interesting ones to follow that I forgot all about the Cowboys game. I finally remembered about 9:00 and switched over there. They won but barely. More cuts coming on Sunday.