Thursday, September 16, 2004

Run For The Border

The county border that is....went to Big Dog's armed with my wine list to see what I could find. I bought some more Schmitt-Schne Riesling and Llano Estacado Muscat Canelli. I also got some Hogue Late Harvest Riesling and a bottle of Reunite Lambrusco. I had planned to pick up some Melissa Hof Muscat Canelli or Late Harvest Riesling but they were like $10 a bottle. Too rich for me. I saw some Bourjulais Villages that some are recommending. It was about $9 I think. I'm not sure about it yet. The Riesling spatlese were also more expensive. They had a Schmitt-Schne one but I passed on it this time. I opened the Hogue and the Lambrusco. Both were pretty good. The Hogue is not as sweet as I expected but is pretty smooth. The Lambrusco is a surprise taste at first but if you get the sip past your tongue tip it's fine. I have enough to get me until the end of the month. I got an invite to Linda Nelson's retirement party on 9/30 so I'll plan on checking the selections at Kroger's and maybe Harley's in Longview. They certainly must be cheaper than Big Dog's. I saw some selections from Becker Vineyards, another Texas winery, at Big Dog's. I may try one next time. I also still want to try a Gerwurtz. I can't believe I missed posting yesterday. I didn't do much really so nothing to say. Since the cats are gone, I started on that brushpile and filled the black can for the Friday pickup. Also did a little watering as the grass looks quite wilted. Watched the beginning of Survivor tonight. The Apprentice comes on in a few minutes. I can't believe another week is almost gone. It is kind of scary how fast time goes by. Bobbie had mentioned that she is doing consulting work for a home health agency. She gets $55 for a visit of about 30 minutes. She said if you have enough referrals you can do quite well. You have to do your paperwork on your own time. Maybe it's worth checking into.