Veronica Mars???
No that's not Veronica from Mars but the name of a new tv show I'm watching. I had seen lots of recommendations on TIVO forum about this show. It's on UPN and I have not ever given that network much credit for anything but "teen" dramas. Anyway, they repeat their shows several times a week so I was able to record the Pilot plus this week's episode. I must say it was pretty good. The characters, though they are mainly teens, have a little depth and there's a plot to follow. No sex, sex, sex like so many of the cable shows (Rescue Me, Six Feet Under) have evolved into. I set up a Season Pass. TIVO forum also had recommendations for Jack and Bobby. It's on a funky network too (don't remember which one). Unfortunately, they do not repeat their shows so I'll have to pick it up at the third episode. The kudos for this one are not as glowing as for Veronica so maybe I have not missed much. Not sure what I'll do today. I'm debating about getting Linda a retirement gift. I may get her a Tyler Candle. If I venture out into the world I think I'll go to Best Buy and look at carpet cleaners. They are supposedly all on sale there. Forgot to mention an incident from yesterday. A little before noon an alarm started up and I thought it was my car again. I tried pressing unlock and lock with the keypad but nothing stopped it. Finally went outside and realized it was the alarm at Gloria's house. There was no one around just the alarm going off. I assumed the alarm company would contact either her or the PD so went back inside. Andy and a yound guy were standing on his porch looking over this way I suppose wondering what was going on too. Later in the evening Gloria rang the doorbell to ask if I had heard her alarm go off. I told her I had. She said the alarm showed an intrusion at the front door but everything was okay inside. She said it is not connected to the PD and if it ever went off again during the day to give her a call at work. She seemed convinced that someone tried to break in even though I told her I saw no one around her house at all at the time.
<< Home