It Was A Miracle
Pat called earlier to day to chat. She said they had a wreck on the big bridge coming back from Houston on Thursday. She and Rudy are both just fine....the Surburban is torn up...maybe totaled. She said she still isn't sure just how it happened other than they got to the top of the bridge and a small white car was moving so slowly she felt they were going to hit it from behind...so she put on the brakes and jerked the car to the left and then overcorrected and the car started spinning. They hit the side of the bridge and came to a stop facing the opposite direction. Amazingly, all the traffic, it was heavy due to the time of day it was, had stopped about 30-40 feet behind them. Pat said she could just see them going off the bridge or hitting another vehicle but that didn't happen. She was sad about the car but that can be replaced or repaired. She is still shaken and can't believe it happened. The little white car that basically started it all just went on its merry way. She asked about the appraisal class. I told her it was hard and that myself and one other person were the only ones who did not have experience in real estate. Everything was new to us and the teacher basically skimmed over stuff. The good thing was he gave us the test questions and answers so I feel that I passed the test. We talked a little more about "the incident". I told her I just continue to be amazed at Mike's behavior. In discussing parts of it, she mentioned that he was ugly to Cara earlier in the day....Cara was telling Karla about Mike's birthday party and having the black balloons, black cake, etc. Karla said Mike was sitting there listening and said something to the effect of "Cara, don't you ever have an original thought, all you can do is repeat what your mother says." He said it in a chiding, condescending way. I recall now KK talking about how he was treating Cara. I don't know about Mike. Pat said she would never invite him or involve him with family gatherings again as she did not wish to subject the rest of the family to his behavior. I told her I did not want to be involved with him anymore. He's made his bed so he can lie in it. Karla and Ward are going to NYC on the 9th for their anniversary. I know they'll have fun. Shortly after I had talked with Pat, Linda Nelson called to say she and Katie were on their way to PetsMart here in Tyler and wouldn't I like to meet them there. I told her I was still in my gown and robe but I could probably clean up and meet them. She said they had to put down the two small dogs and now have only the German Shepherd, Jake. She is wanting a "companion" for Jake and is interested in adopting a retired Grey Hound. The Grey Hound group meets monthly at PetsMart and that is why she is going there...they are meeting today. She said she had already completed an application but just wanted to see more of the dogs people had adopted and expose Jake to them to see if he would be alright with it. I got dressed and decided Jazz would enjoy an outing so he went with me. I talked with Katie some as Linda was involved with the GH group. Katie has really grown up. She says she loves teaching and likes the Hallsville ISD. She teaches third grade. Jazz and I walked around the store and he looked at toys and other dogs. He was very sweet and behaved so nicely. Since we had the dogs we really couldn't go anywhere to eat. So they took off for Longview and I came back home. I mowed the front yard and did a little house cleaning. Time change is tonight.
<< Home