Saturday, October 30, 2004

Payday

Friday was payday. I checked my account online and there it was.....money! I decided to go on to Sam's since I needed a few items from there and I hadn't been in a couple of weeks. They had the first of this season's Texas grapefruit in and I bought a bag. I've been wanting some good grapefuit. Sam's has changed bagel brands, they have Sara Lee now instead of Thomas. I took the Sark Coffee beans back....don't recall if I mentioned earlier in the blog but I made two or three pots of coffee with those beans and it had such a metallic taste, it made my mouth and lips numb. I thought it might have been related to my descaling of the coffeemaker but I made coffee using the Yuban canned coffee and it tasted just fine....had to be those Sark beans. I didn't know if they would give my money back or not but they did, no questions asked. I bought some Hawaiian coffee beans as a replacement. Jazz and I went to Traditions and got our usual Friday fare. Watched Joan of Arcadia and a few TIVOed shows. It is supposed to get cooler over the weekend. That's fine with me. October, almost November, is no time for temps in the 80's.