Monday, October 11, 2004

Rainy Weekend

I rained off and on all weekend...mainly drizzly, misty stuff, not a downpour. It's okay, we need the rain. The grass is already looking greener. Got my haircut Saturday....she got it too short of course but it grows fast. I'm back to the old tried and true style. I just got so tired of having to deal with that longer hair. Linda was excited about their new DISH network tv. She said they got mad when Cox was upgrading the cable and it kept bumping them off of the internet plus their cost went up. Her husband found a deal with SBC for Dish, DSL, etc. for about $89.00 a month. She said they got the PVR and it is just so grand. Well, I got a little worked up when I heard that price. I did some research and it does sound really good. I have to know I can use TIVO though. Plus I happened to remember that I wouldn't be getting the Dallas stations anymore. Of course, I don't really get them now other than Channel 4. Channel 8 and 11 stay blocked by the local affiliates and we have not received Channel 5 in a long time. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad though as I don't watch anything on 4 other than Saturday morning news. I'm still thinking about it. An extra $60 in my pocket every month would be nice. Football over the weekend was sad. The Longhorns lost to OU.....again. I hope it does not cost Mack Brown his job. The Cowboys lost to NY. They really didn't play very well at all. So, football over the weekend was a bummer. Sunday was quiet. I watched more of Nip/Tuck and only have one episode to go. I really like the new show, Jack and Bobby. Dead Like Me has only 3-4 more episodes to go for this season. I opened the Chateau Ste. Michelle Johannisburg Riesling. It was pretty good. I don't like it as well as the S&S Riesling. I think I even like the Gewurtz better too. I ran by Tuesday Morning and bought the fat stemmed wine glasses I had seen there. I used one and they are okay. I also bought some wine bottle stoppers...3 for $5.