Tuesday, November 02, 2004

Closing Arguments and Lunch

The closing arguments in the Scott Peterson trial continue today with the defense making their case. The Court TV anchors seem perplexed about the tactics and are trying to be "fair and balanced". I think the consensus is Mark Garagos receives a failing grade. Had lunch with Peggy today at McAllister's. Thank goodness it wasn't chinese. I don't think I want chinese for a long time. McAllister's is great for me....I can get just some soup and not feel stuffed all the rest of the day plus it's close by. She mentioned coming to the Christmas party again but I hedged and didn't commit.....I really don't care to go....that's my past life and I've moved on. I boxed up Rudy's birthday gift that I forgot to take to the beach. Went to the usual shipping store I go to on the Loop and considered making a snide remark when I saw the sign they had on the counter: "Flush the Johns - Kerry and Edwards". I suppose since I worked in government for so long and could not display my political preferences, things like this bother me more than the average person. Of course, here in ultra conservative Tyler, it's a majority opinion and I'm sure most customers in that store agreed with the display. I see so many polls and opinions that Kerry will win albeit by a small margin. I really doubt it....the Bushies will pull out all the stops and I mean even the nasty, illegal ones to hold on to the White House. After all, Gore won in 2000 but look what happened......might be an interesting night. I also sent Pat some recipes I had promised....the Mexican Soup recipe and the Grilled Chicken recipe that uses crab boil.