Monday, November 08, 2004

Down Time

Darn it, Cox Internet was down from about 9:30 until 4:30 today. I had to find something else to do. So, I cleaned the kitchen cabinets and they look so much better without all that clutter on them. That didn't take long so I decided to work in the yard some. I cut off as much of the stumps of the hedge in the backyard as I could and planted the camellia there. It may not stay there but I needed to get it in the ground. I loved Cold Case last night. It was about a group of "popular" girls who decided to mess with a "different" girl....different in that her clothes weren't the best and she was intelligent. Rita, the different girl, ended up getting killed by one of the others. It was sad and sweet at the same time. Rita tried to help the ring leader of the group when she observed her parents abusing her...telling her she would go with her to a grown-up but was rebuffed. Rita ended up leaving with one of the girls who was on the fringe of the group but desperately wanted to remain in the group....Rita tried to tell her it didn't matter...that her mother said once they were in college they wouldn't be different anymore...they would be cool and told the girl that she would be a "best friend to her" if she wanted. The girl couldn't stand the idea of not being with the popular group and pushed Rita into a pit....breaking her neck. There was a great song at the end as there is with so many of the Cold Case episodes....found out the name of it was "Circle" sang by Edie Brickell. I'll definitely download it. I guess it was a good episode to me because I remember being made fun of in my homemade clothes but I admit I joined in sometimes against some of the other girls....I remember Joyce who was marginally retarded. I still feel shame for doing that...... It's funny what will grab you and make you ashamed....like a bow tied in some girl's hair that you know her mother fixed there......so sad.... you wonder about the love with which that bow was put there......who was I to make fun of her......who are any of us to make fun of others......just the thought of it makes me tear up. Also saw the new show HUFF last night. It was good and I'll look forward to watching it again.