Monday, November 15, 2004

It's Another Monday

It's another Monday. I didn't post but once over the weekend. Blogger was slow and I just didn't want to wait. On Saturday I went to Dillard's, Sears, and Foley's to see what they had for cooler weather clothes. Dillard's had a warm up suit but the pants were too big and they didn't have the smaller size. Sears had nothing. Went to Foley's and found a fleece outfit. I didn't try it on in the store because the dressing rooms were too busy. I will probably have better luck ordering from Land's End. I do want to order the flannel or fleece popover lounger from Vermont Country store online. I went by PetLand to check on the dog safety harnesses. They still had them but the price was up to $24.00...wow. I planned to go on to PetsMart but got to searching on the Web and found what appears to be the very same harness (Four Paws, fleece lined, etc.) on sale for $9.99 each. I went ahead and ordered and had them shipped to Baytown. With shipping and all that was a better deal than PetLand was offering. I put together a resume and faxed it to HR at UTHCT late Friday afternoon. That assures me that they got my application. I was not certain about the online application process so the fax was a back up. I think it will tell me if UTHCT is truly looking to hire a qualified person or if they have someone preselected and are going thru the motions. The position was still advertised in Sunday's paper. If I don't get an interview from this, they are playing games. Women's basketball was on Sunday afternoon. I watched Texas and Penn State. Texas won rather handily. They seem to have a good team this year. Pundits are predicting Tennessee will win it all though.