Thursday, November 11, 2004

Mistletoe and Magic

Time again for Mistletoe and Magic. I went today, the first day, thinking it would be less crowded and the merchants would have something left. NOT. Just as crowded. The merchants had a lot but not anything I was really interested in. I did buy a loaf of Pumpkin Spice bread from Laura's Cheesecakes and a little bracelet for Cara's birthday from Mineola Merchantile. Nothing else. It seemed there were fewer mechants than in the past and they were not appealing to me. I am so glad they have banned strollers, etc. It was such an ordeal in past years to dodge all those huge strollers that the rich folks have to have....plus they didn't think anything of blocking the pathway while they chatted with each other. It seems most left the little ones at home which was just fine with me. I'm amused at how people dress to attend this event. Prissy little suits, jewelry and pefectly coifed hair. I even wore one of my pant suits instead of my usual jeans and tee shirt. I did see one lady in jeans. Just not proper and acceptable, you know....after all, this is not Canton. Ran by the grocery store on my way home. Still engrossed with the Scott Peterson trial. The jury did not deliberate today since it was Veteran's Day. Yesterday afternoon I worked a little in the yard. I tilled up the area around the newly planted Camellia bush and re-planted the iris and the few bulbs I had dug up. Dont' know if they will come up or not but it was way past time to get them in the ground. Jazz got a bath after the yard work. He had a good time in the yard...running and chasing and then sitting in the newly tilled dirt. He enjoyed his bath.