Oh My Gawd! Cats Everywhere!!!
I was getting another cup of coffee this morning and glanced out the window....cats, everywhere..all five of the now toddler kittens were in the flower bed, on the patio, wandering around. Jazz was snoozing on the couch but I called him over to take a look. He did three flips trying to get out the door. He went charging out and the cats scattered all over the place except one who decided to take refuge on the patio brick wall. Jazz was so busy running over the yard that he didn't even see that one until that cat decided to make a run for the fence and Jazz cut him off at the swing. The cat just stood there and arched his back. Jazz circled him barking the whole time but never got much closer than 2-3 feet. The cat made a few moves tentative moves to the fence but Jazz blocked his way still not venturing too close. The cat must have decided he didn't have much of a foe here and simply walked to the fence and slipped under to safety. Jazz couldn't believe it and did his usual trailing over the yard. He was such a mess as the ground was wet and he got into the newly tilled dirt. I finally went to get him and put him immediately in the bathtub. He's been sleeping since then. What excitement, what an adventure. I'm sure he feels he defended his territory with great courage.
<< Home