Thanksgiving Eve
Still feeling bad. Awful congestion in my head....gunky stuff draining in my throat....eyes burning. I hate to cough but have to when I start wheezing. I cleaned up and went to Wal-Greens to restock my cold medicine. Also ran by the post office to send Cara's birthday gift. The post office now has an automated mailing center. You put your package or envelope on a scale and the machine tells you how much it weighs. Then you select what class you prefer, such as first class, parcel post, etc. and insert your credit, debit or cash to get a sticker with the required amount of postage to put on your package. Cool! Only took a minute or two and after seeing the long line inside waiting for counter service, it was really the best way to go. Got home and decided to go ahead and make the pie for tomorrow but discovered I didn't have the Eagle Brand milk. Darn, so off to Brookshire's but thank goodness they were not as busy as they were on Monday. Pie is all made and in the fridge. By the way, the cooler weather has arrived. It's hovered around 62-64 all day and the blowing wind makes it feel even colder. Forecast is for temps in the 30's tonight. Emailed KK about possible gift for Pat...tote bags for the dogs...like the one she got Jazz last year. I think I'll do it and give one to Pat and one to Rudy. I'm still unsure about the TIVO. They can get a DPR thru their cable company and she says Ward wants one. I've got to decide soon.
<< Home