Friday Night Boredom
I've rushed around so much this week getting ready for Christmas that to sit still and not be thinking about what needs to be done seems boring. I went back to Sam's today and bought the George Strait CD for KK althought I think I have hit the budget for her and for Ward so I may keep it for myself. I do need to get Rudy something else but what the heck that will be I don't know....maybe a book on tape. I had internet down trouble yesterday. I finally called tech support around 6:00 and the guy asked me if I had a splitter...well yes I do. He asked me to take the cable off the splitter and connect it to the modem...I did and the connection fired right up. So, he says, it's a bad splitter. Okay, I go to BB today (in all that traffic) and paid about $8 for a new splitter. Got home and connected it.....slow blink, no good. I switched some cables around but still nothing. I called tech support again just to see if they could suggest anything else. I got a nice guy, Robert, who said Cox really had better splitters than I could buy and I could have them free for the asking. He said a new one might help but he expected that I would eventually have to have another outlet put in.....anywhere from $30-70....crap! Jazz and I made a run to Cox to get the splitter but it didn't help...still a slow blink. So, to use the internet, I have to connect the cable directly to the modem and sacrifice the tv in the den. I'll wait until after Christmas to deal with it. Got a few things done today. Mailed Bobbie's and Austin's gifts this morning. I went to Foley's to return the sweatsuit that was too big. Went to Sam's. Went to BB. Got oil changed. I'll plan on staying put all weekend as it will be about impossible to get out on Bullard Road. It's the last weekend before Christmas and I'm sure the streets and stores will be jammed. I'm disappointed that the lady from the HH agency did not call me back. I saw she called when I was gone to lunch with Peggy but she didn't leave a message. I kept expecting her to call again but nothing. I suspect they found someone who was already doing HH and went with them. I wish I had told her I would take some work now rather than saying I planned to leave town for the holidays....might have made a difference. I'm truly enjoying the sat radio. I can listen to it thru the computer and it's really nice. I've used it in the car once and it works great. I need to get a more permanent installation this weekend.
<< Home