Thursday, December 09, 2004

A Plastic Christmas?

I went on quite a spending spree today. It makes me very nervous although when I analyze it I did stay within my budget of about a $100 per person for Christmas. Since I learned Pat had gotten Ward the waffle maker I decided I would go ahead, bite the bullet, and get Ward and KK the TIVO. I ordered it from Amazon, got cold feet, cancelled the order, then ordered it again. Right now it is still on order. When you figure in the $100 rebate it will all even out. I also got Ward the cream whipper. KK gets the Brookwood gift. By the way, all of that came today and I now need to get them wrapped and mail Austin's to them. I went to R.L. Davis and got Pat a "nice" letter opener and a little mag glass. She has the dog bag and the CD also. I've still got to get Rudy something else and then I am done. I doubt I am going to gift myself this year. I may get a little device that will allow me to play the DJ thru the car radio. I don't think I can justify the satellite radio. I worry that my plastic is getting out of hand. My few meds cost so friggin' much it's just rediculous. I wonder how people who don't have any kind of prescription coverage manage. I should be able to take some of it off my income tax next time as my medical expenses have been high this past year. I think I can figure in the dental stuff which was $1600. I may not get back much but at least I should not have to pay this time. The jury is out on Scott Peterson. That case has taken so much of my time the last few months. I really don't know how I feel about the death penalty. His crime was so terrible. The murder of his wife and his own child...it's almost incomprehensible to think a human being could do that to someone they supposedly loved. Laci looked to be such a sweet person and from all descriptions was and most certainly did not deserve what she got. There's two families who will never have quite the same lives...so much sadness. If Scott would just show some remorse it might be easier to deal with but he is the great stone face. Very odd guy. It is hard to work up any sympathy for him. His family is just as strange.