Tuesday, January 25, 2005

Another Day, Another $47

I went on the referral in Longview today. I visited with a very nice 64 year old lady who has all kinds of serious health problems and no insurance to cover them or her medication. I'll try to get her some help via NeedyMeds. I wish all these Bushies could see what I see...sick and infirm people who have to decide if they pay their electricity, buy their insulin or eat....sad, sad, sad. They think they will never end up like that someday but their man is not doing anything to prevent it...in fact, he's tearing down all the social assistance programs. What a SOB. I didn't do much else in Longview. I did go by Petco but if anything I think they are more pricey than PetsMart......jeeze. I was going to go to Mervyn's and return the bra for a larger size but I noticed the one I am wearing doesn't bother me much so it fits well enough. LaFaye called this morning just checking on me. She said she had been in Abilene with the SW there....Abilene...I didn't know they had an office there. Anyway she said she had reviewed the notes I had sent and they looked great. She also asked if anyone had called me about a W-9 form....I told her LaNelle had me sign a W-4. I hope that was the right form....I still didn't get my check in today's mail. If I don't get it in the next day or two I'm calling her back. Got an interesting voice message from Merlin Beddingfield...she said she had been thinking of me lately.......wonder why.....and if I wanted to talk to her just give her a call....she was kind of funny....she said just the same old woman at the same old place and the same old number. I'll call her tomorrow. It was sweet that she called. Mother always liked her so much.