Saturday, January 08, 2005

New Fluffy Towels

I decided to mosey over to JCPenny with my little coupons and buy some new towels and maybe a new set of sheets. I was thinking about the towels I have and it occurred to me that most of them are way over ten years old. The newest ones I have are probably have been used five years or more so I think I deserve some new, fluffy towels. They had some really nice ones, big and fat, by Chris Madden. They were on sale buy one and get one so I bought a set and got a set...."classic sage". I looked at sheets and bought a 400 thread egyptian set. I put them on the bed when I got home and Jazz and I slept on them last night. Were they ever soft and silky. The towels look nice too. This morning I decided that the towels were really a pretty good deal...they are giving you a set of towels basically when you buy a set plus an extra $10-15 off your entire order. So I eased over to JCP again and bought two more sets of Chris Madden towels...."fog blue" and "aspen gold". Also a couple of bath mats to match. They had the nice JCP towels on sale two for $9 so I bought a couple of sets for the guest bathroom...."pink". I also bought a white bath mat and lid cover for my bathroom as the lid cover in there is pretty bad. White will go with anything. I think all in all I spent maybe $200 for eight sets of towels, the sheet set, the bath rugs and lid. It was something I really needed and I know I'll enjoy using them.