New Job Jitters?
I meet the SW, LaFay, tomorrow to begin my new part-time job. I thought I might be nervous about it but I feel pretty good and confident. I certainly have the experience to do the work. I don't know yet if I'm a contract worker or will be a part-time employee. I just want a situation in which I can work the hours I need to to get the job done, then be on my way....no more than 2-3 days a week. If they pay what Bobbie gets which is $55 per visit and I average maybe 8-10 visits a week then I'll be just fine. Had lunch with Peggy yesterday. She suggested the Chinese place down the street from Golden China. It was okay, nothing special. The main thing is it was clean and tidy, something Golden China needs to work on. Iwent to Sam's this morning and got a few things. I went to LNT late yesterday and they have the new George Foreman grill in stock. I got to thinking that maybe I should buy it there and order the waffle maker I've been wanting from Amazon. So, that's what I did today...bought the Foreman grill with the 20% off coupon at LNT. Used it tonight to cook the salmon and it works great. So nice to be able to pop the grills off and wash them at the sink. This Foreman grill also has a timer and temp control built in which is also very nice. It's kind of big for one person but I think I'll enjoy it. There is a recipe for kabobs in the book which I hope to try next. I'm wondering about Bobbie. She didn't send me anything for Christmas nor has she even acknowledged that she received what I sent her. I find that kind of strange. I hope everything is okay with her.
<< Home