No Football Sunday
The Cowboys are finished for the year and I have really no interest in the teams still playing so I have "no football" Sundays now. It gives me a chance to catch up on my TIVO programs. Today I watched some short programs and played around on the internet. I spent some time organizing the linen closet in order to make room for my new towels. It looks much neater. I put some of the better "old" towels in the guest bathroom and moved the older ones from in there to the linen closet. While I was at it, I organized the guest bathroom closet and threw away some old bottles of lotion, empty cologne bottles, etc. I hate to let go of some things that belonged to mother but it is way past time to do that. She certainly doesn't need it anymore and I'll never use any of that stuff either. It's just hard for a pack rat and sentimental old fool to throw away things that belonged to someone you loved so much....even a half empty plastic bottle of lotion. I need to do the same with the closets. It will be hard but I must do it. I get so irritated at Blogger. I was all ready to write about my first day in Home Health and I couldn't log in....damn! Now it's working like a charm. I think often of changing to Typepad but that is almost $5 a month...or $60 a year. I don't really want to pay if Blogger would just get their problems worked out. I did some washing today too. I put the towels I had been using in my bathroom thru a long hot soak and a double washing. They came out pretty good. At least maybe not as grimy as they had been looking. Read some other blogs and one of them got me thinking about our family situation. I had hoped our family would never get estranged like so many are. I think as long as mother was alive she was not going to allow that to happen. She was a pretty wise old lady and knew how to handle her daughter-in-laws. It's too bad one of them couldn't learn a lesson from her. She's going to be one lonely person in her old age unless she becomes more tolerant of others. Not everyone wants to do things the way she thinks they should be done. At least I got my two cents in about voting for dubya....I can't believe they all voted for him. I told her I couldn't bring myself to vote for someone who, based only on their personal beliefs, blocked stem cell research or any research that might find a cure for Parkinson and other diseases. He was elected to represent the citizens of the USA, not just those who believed as he does and imposing his far right-wing beliefs on everyone just isn't right. She actually agreed with me but said she just couldn't stand Kerry. Fine, but his election would have given medical research an open door to find cures and I could stand him for four years if it meant a cure for Rudy. She didn't have much to say after that. I know she is under stress because of Rudy and his failing health. Okay, but don't take it out on the family. You almost feel like you are walking on eggshells all the time. She has always been opinionated but now even moreso. I can't believe how she grabs the TV remote and puts the channel where she wants it. That's fine at her house but at someone elses? I wouldn't do that. She also had a comment to Ward about where they kept the electric knife and blades. She found the knife but the blades were not with it. Ward showed her they were in the knive drawer and she told him they should keep the blades, wrapped in a papertowel, with the knive in a ziploc bag....that way they are always together. Ward mumbled that was a good idea as he left the room. Not much fun to be around her as you risk getting your head bit off for any remark she perceives in the wrong way. I really didn't intend to write about all that but it's good to get it off my chest. I plan to watch the two hour premiere of 24 this evening. I'm recording Cold Case on the VCR. I barely remember how to use the VCR. I would like to use it in the den but it only goes up to channel 125. I may look into buying a DVD player/recorder to use in the den. It definitely will not be a Quaser brand like the VCR...that thing is hard to use.
<< Home