Saturday, January 15, 2005

Saturday, Again and So Soon!

I can't believe it's Saturday again. My how time flies. I took my time sheet and other paperwork by National yesterday. When I got home I had a message from the nurse in Waskom asking if I would visit a patient in Karnack. I told her I would and she will fax the info to Tyler on Monday. Lafaye didn't tell me I should stay in the Tyler area but they have a SW in Waskom so I wonder why she can't do this referral....maybe she has been let go...they were sure mumbling about her last week. I got a 20% coupon from BBandB and decided to go by and see if they had the Waring waffle maker. Sure enough, they did. So, I came home and cancelled the Amazon order and went back to BBandB and bought it. It's really a cool looking waffle maker....heavy, brushed chrome. Brookshires was out of the waffle mix I like so I bought something called 10 grain waffle mix in the "tata" section. I made them this morning but didn't really like them. I want my waffles a little sweeter and with a slight vanilla taste. I'll have to copy and try the BC recipe. Now I'm deciding what to order from Amazon next...maybe a rice cooker? I got up earlier than usual this morning in order to dress and go to Trinity Clinic to get a flu shot. It was in the paper that they have vaccine and I now meet the guidelines. I went and was back home by 10:30. I'm glad I got up off my butt and got the shot as flu outbreaks in Texas are increasing. I need to protect myself as well as the patients I'll be visiting. It was such a beautiful day I decided to ask Jazz if he would like to go to the walking park....duh, he was more than happy to accomodate me. He really loved it....prancing and so proud of himself....he had not forgotten about that place. He's out of shape too and panted most of the way home. He's conked out on the couch now. I ran into Patsy Tee as I left Brookshires yesterday. Peggy had told me she had heart surgery. I asked Patsy about and she said that was true, a triple bypass. She says she is feeling a lot better now. I didn't get to talk with her as long as I wanted to because the bag boy was waiting for me and I needed to get on out of the way.