Saturday, February 12, 2005

Time Flies

Time does seem to fly. Here it is the weekend again and so soon. I don't understand why time passes so quickly. When I worked it seemed that the week just drug along so slowly and that the weekend would never arrive....heck, it seemed that 5:00 would never arrive. Now that I am home all the time, the days just fly by. It's really kind of scary to think how fast time is passing me by. No one really knows how long they have. I suppose most people just assume they will live to a ripe old age and be able to do any and all that they want to do in terms of physical tasks during that time. I think about weird things like if the terrorists successfully attack us again and foul the country with nuclear fallout or some deadly virus. That would certainly mess up your old age plans wouldn't it? I'm feeling more and more like I need to get on with my desire to buy an RV and take a few trips. I don't want to miss my dream and it is within reach I think. On Friday afternoon, I tried to visit a lady who had been referred last week. I had called several times and got only an answering machine. Yesterday I called and left a message that I would be by her home around 1:30. I didn't leave a return number. I don't want to be giving out my home number nor my cell number to people I don't know. Anyway, I went by the house and no one came to the door. I don't think anyone was there. You can sort of tell if someone is in a house and just not answering. There was no feeling that someone was there this time so no telling where she was. I would not do that if the person lived out of town. Afterwards, I went on to run a few errands. I went by Barnes and Noble and looked around. I still need to send Ben and Mike something for their birthdays. I'm tempted not to do it but that would be so tacky. I'll find something on Amazon. I went to CC and looked at the multifunction printers. They really didn't have much to look at. Last stop of the day was the grocery store. I bought stuff for several new recipes I want to try next week.....a stew and a few rice cooker recipes. This morning (Saturday) I went to Sam's to look at their multifunction printers and wrote down the model and prices. Also stopped by Home Depot and got some birdfeed. They have all been so unhappy with me and the fact I ran out of food. Tonight I'll watch a couple of movies and eat my pizza. I'm really so boring and predictable.