Unnecessary End To A Busy Week
I visited with four clients on Tuesday in Waskom, Jefferson and Elysian Fields. The saw one new person in Tyler on Wednesday. I had seen a couple of people last week so I should rack up about $500 this pay period. That is until today when the young, smarty nurse in Longview called wondering when I planned to see the new referral in Longview. I told her probably next Monday or Tuesday. So she proceeded to tell me that all this couple does is fuss and fight, the house is a mess, the wife may be taking the husband's medications, yada, yada, yada and we need to do something today. I told her if it was that bad then the more appropriate thing to do would be to call APS. She finally agreed to do that and call me back if they won't go today. She does call me back and says APS probably won't go and with liability issues we really need to handle it. I told her, ok, I'll go. Crap, this was not what I wanted to do on Friday. Well, I get there and it is not near as bad as she had implied. Yes, they bicker a lot, but when you look beyond that, they seem to love each other and that is the way their relationship has evolved. She's a little, skinny birdy type lady...maybe not all there...maybe a drinker...definitely a smoker. He's a military haircut type guy......drove a truck for most of his life. They never had children......tried to adopt but that fell through.....so all they have had is each other. I can't make him go to a NH. These people didn't need a rush visit on a Friday afternoon. I think this nurse was just frustrated with them and the fact that the wife didn't want to do what she thought they should do. So anyway I get to add close to another $75-90 to my pay period. Weather has been absolutely glorious this week with warm sunshine and temps around 70. Only bad thing was gusty winds. I really need to work in the yard tomorrow and Sunday. That will make Jazz so happy.
<< Home