Wednesday, April 20, 2005

I'm A Little POed

I had not been by the office in a week or so since no one had notified me I had anything to pick up. I went by yesterday to turn in paperwork and discovered some things in my box/slot. They returned three evals that I had overlooked getting the patient to sign and said go back and get them signed...crap. I had run into Vicki, the nurse, at a home last week and she warned me they would make me go back and get them signed so it was not totally unexpected. At least they are people I am still involved with and have to go back to anyway. Another eval was in my box with a note questioning where a patient lived. I don't really understand why they are questioning that. It's what the guy reported to me so how am I supposed to know any differently? Patti, the head nurse, is a jerk IMO. I really don't like her much. I wish the old one was still there. It seems turnover is rampant in HH. Since I started this job in January the head nurse is gone, the secretary is gone and I think one of the nicer nurses is gone. I went to the doctor on Monday to get the thingy on my tongue checked out. He called it a benign polyp and said it should be removed. However, he couldn't remove it because it would possibly bleed too much for them to control and said he would refer me to an oral surgeon. To my surprise they called the next day and had an appointment for me with an OS for today at 2:15. I don't know if they will remove it today or just look at it and set up another time. I hope they do it today and get it over with but I bet I have to come back another time. The OS is the one that partners with Holton. Peggy and I had our usual lunch on Monday. She had told me that David applied for the Imm. PM job and was interviewed on Friday. She was very hopeful that he would get it and given his competition he might. But, she called Tuesday and said he was not selected. I don't think she will ever get rid of him though it is fairly obvious that he does not like her at all and wants out. I get the impression that not too many staff like her. She is pretty rigid about how things should be done so I'm sure that doesn't go over very well.