Tuesday, May 17, 2005

One Thousand Dollars!!!!

Yep, that's what a root canal costs this year. Crap. I called Dr. A bright and early Monday and they told me to come at 10:45. I got there and he tapped on my teeth and said he thought the nerve was dying in the tooth that was bothering me so much. Root canal, then a crown plus pulling the wisdom tooth. I had my choice of going to the endodontist yesterday afternoon or waiting until this morning. I said wait but got out to the car and decided I wanted to get it all over with and not have to drive to Longview again on Tuesday. I had to wait around until a 3:30 appointment and then they were running late and I didn't even get in the chair until 5:00. Finally left there a little after 6:00 and home around 7:00. I have to go back to Dr. A next week for him to pull the wisdom tooth (Dr. Ross, the endodontist, said it needed to be pulled yesterday because it is forming a "gum pocket", whatever that is) and make an impression for the $600-700 crown. Oh well, it's only money. Jazz was so glad to see me last night. He was hungry and needed to go outside really bad. Oh, by the way, we have more kittens. I have not counted them yet. Jazz found them beside the storage room. He goes and barks at them every time he goes out so maybe she will move them somewhere else. Jazz is at the groomer's today and I have really missed him around here. Peggy called asking about lunch yesterday and I told her about my tooth. She called again this morning and I begged off telling her I was not eating much but soft things. We will put it off until next week. I took all my paperwork to the office and there are still no new referrals. I had a new employee list in my box and I noticed they have hired a SW for Longview and I was mortified to see they hired Jimmy G. Oh my, should I warn them about that fraud? I'll refuse to sign off on any of his work if I am asked to do so. If he has seen my name on the list, he probably has peed on himself. Ran to the Farmer's Market this morning and got some Noonday Onions to take to Baytown. No tomatoes yet. I ordered the Janie's Sampler cakes and will pick it up in the morning. Dr. Ross's office just called to see how I was doing. I told her great, no problems. That was nice.