Monday, May 30, 2005

Shouldn't Be So Smug

Everytime I've thought about Patti's departure, I have smiled inside. I really didn't care for that lady but I can't say exactly why. I suppose I shouldn't be so smug about her being fired. At least I knew what I had with her so it's no telling what will replace her. I think she was not encouraging referrals for me. It's strange that they were coming so regularly until a few weeks ago and then nothing. I saw an ad in Sunday's paper so they are seeking another branch manager. It's been a little rainy all weekend. We really needed the rain so I don't mind. Jazz and I have stayed inside mainly and not done much at all. He's been a real lazy-butt. I came down the street from running an errand on Friday and Andy was hooking up the car to the RV. We waved. A little later I heard him pull out. On Saturday afternoon I looked outside and there was a big U-Haul truck backed up to the garage and a smaller U-Haul trailer hooked to a SUV parked out front. A fairly young looking couple got out and walked around in the yard then went into the house. New neighbors? I looked around and noticed that the For Sale sign was gone and the flag, etc. were gone. Andy and gang are gone. I guess when we exchanged waves he was leaving for the last time.