Friday, June 17, 2005

Forty Nine Dollars

I made one follow up visit this pay period and made $47 plus a couple of dollars in travel. I went by the office to turn in the paperwork today and picked up my check from last time. All new faces. I think the new branch manager is named Melissa....she's a little blond haired prissy young person, very full of her self. I give her three months at most. I assume they have cut me off as they did they SW that had the Marshall area. It's been nice staying home and not having to deal with the mess there. I don't have to work anyway and there are plenty of projects to do around here. Went by the Coffee City place today and bought a pound of freshly roasted coffee. I hope it's good as it was $10.50 a pound (gulp). I went to Home Depot to pick up the fence rails I'll need to repair the fence. I parked the car and some guy pulled up beside me yelling and red-faced. He said he was waiting for the spot and I cut in front of him. I honestly didn't even see him waiting and said so. I would have let the asshole have the place. I was a little concerned he would run me down in the store as he really appeared to be angry so I went to the back where the fence rails were and took my time picking them out. The guy was gone by the time I went back to the car. I used the edger and edged the whole front curb in front of the house. It looks good. I hate the grass in the front yard. I think I may pick up a few blocks of St. Augustine grass and try to get it started.