Lunch, Money and Mowing
Tuesday was kind of a mixed bag of activities. Peggy was calling by 9:30 to request a lunch date. I told her let's go today (thinking let's get it over with) so we met at Rudy's and had a brisket potato. After lunch I went by the office to turn in paperwork and see if I could get Deborah to figure out what the problem was with my check. When I walked in the door it was like an ant bed. There were 3-4 people I've never seen before pulling papers from the shelves, putting office supplies here and there, asking where this or that was, yada, yada, yada. Deborah had moved the computer from the front desk to a "quieter place in back". J. Kelly was there directing traffic and running the show. Deborah had to call corporate about my too high Tyler check and too low Marshall check. While she was talking they determined that Patti had indicated my pay rate was $56 per visit instead of $47 (bet that's what the therapists make) so it was her error and not mine. The Marshall check was short because the last visits I made did not get turned in in time to make this payroll. I'll get it next go around. They'll figure out a way to even up the Tyler check. It was interesting that the corporate person asked Deborah why Patti didn't straighten it out and Deborah's response was "she isn't available" and "she is doing something else... now a field nurse and no longer branch manager". That's the same song I heard when LaNelle was "demoted". Patti may be there a while longer but I bet she was given time to find another job and won't be there long. After the office visit, I decided I should mow the yard so I mowed the back and front yards. I even got the blower after the leaves in front. All that is left to do is get the leaves up in the parking court. Today, I made a home visit in Troup. I came home and had a sandwich and left out again to go to Sam's. I noticed that the check engine light was on so I decided to swing on in to Mike Pile and let them check that. They did and it's fixed but I never made it to Sam's. Something to do tomorrow maybe.
<< Home