Sunday, June 19, 2005

TIVO2

A few weeks ago Tivo sent out an email inviting me to have a "free" 40 hour Tivo. All I had to do was purchase a year of service at $155 and, since it would be my second Tivo, it was be only $6.95 a month and that would be almost two years of service. Cool. I did it and the box came on Friday. I set it up on Saturday. It's a newer box than my original Tivo. It looks a little different. Anyway, it's all hooked up and has been recording suggestions like a little champ. I didn't need another Tivo but free is free and there are some times I would like to record sports and such that take up a lot of room on the main Tivo. I don't think I have mentioned the new litter of kittens that appeared behind the store room about six weeks ago. They are five of them. Jazz makes a beeline for their hiding place every time he goes in the yard. He just barks at them. I've fixed some boards so he can't get at them although I don't think he would do anything other than bark. Anyway, this afternoon I heard him having one of his "oh my gawd, look what I have found" barking fits. I went out and he was in the back north corner of the yard near the fence. I went out there and the moma cat was apparently moving the kittens...she had three of them in the monkey grass by the fence. I got the water bottle after Jazz and he finally backed off. The lady who lives in the house behind Haverty's (the one where the man talks so loud) called over the fence and asked if something was wrong. I told her about the kittens. She said she had found a litter of four kittens some weeks ago. She has been feeding them dry cat food. There must have been two litters of kittens. She pitched a bag of cat food over the fence and said she had heard somewhere not to give a kitten milk. She also said she had called the Animal Shelter about taking them and they told her they would have to kill them so she was going to try to keep the ones in her yard. I put some of the dry food out after I put Jazz in the house and they jumped on it. They were so engrossed with the eating that I was able to pick one of them up. It was covered with fleas and really thin. I'll continue to feed them. I don't know why the mother cat has divided her litter. I just looked and there are still two of them behind the store room.