Monday, June 13, 2005

UMF

Damn, I hate getting attached by the UMF (unseen mystical force). This time it's for a Dyson vacuum. I don't need a vacuum cleaner....well, I can reationalize that I do need a new one. I have to replace the belt on the Hoover every couple of months, it's hard to push, the hose is too short when you use the attachments and the thing tumps over at the least amount of pull, yada, yada, yada. Everyone who has a Dyson raves about it. I thought about using a coupon from LNT or BB&B but the fine print says Dyson is excluded. I also had a couple from Best Buy but they also exclude Dyson. Sam's has one for $429 (yes, that number begins with a 4). There's an ebay merchant who has a newer model for that also so it's either instant gratification or wait for shipment. What to do, what to do? Saturday was spent running errands. Went to Tuesday Morning for their unusual Saturday sale but walked out empty handed. I hate to go on the first day of their sales as there are so many rude people there, blocking the aisles, talking on their damn cell phone, snatching and grabbing merchandise. I left TM and went to the Asian Market and bought some Kohooko Rose rice, the same kind that Sandra S. had recommended and given me a sample of long ago. I also drove to the Coffee City store but it appeared they were not open on Saturday....I did see a light inside but there were no cars around so I didn't get out and try the door. After lunch I went to Drug Emporium to pick up a few items and to PetsMart to get the little man his favorite food. Also went to Home Depot to get A/C filters and found the fence "rails" I had been looking for to repair the fence. I'll go back next week and pick some up. So Saturday was a busy day running around. Saturday evening I watched my first movie from Netflix, "Hotel Rwanda". It was a very powerful movie that dealt with the genocide that occurred in Rwanda several years ago while the world stood by and allowed it to happen. There were UN troops there but they were not allowed to intervene. This was the story of the manager of an upscale hotel and what he went through to protect 1200 of his countrymen and his family from certain death. On Sunday evening I watched the second of my Netflix movies, "Sideways". It came highly recommended and I did enjoy it. It was a romatic comedy set in the wine country of California. Sunday was quiet and I didn't do much of anything. I did watch some of my TIVOed programs so I could delete them and make room for upcoming recordings. Jazz and I worked a little in the yard but it was so blasted humid that I just gave up after about an hour. I did call Rudy's room yesterday afternoon and he sounded much better. Pat said she thought he would go home tomorrow some time. She said she had requested he be given some IV anti-biotics as she felt he needed that to assure that the UTI was totally clear. The hospital doctor told her that all the lab tests indicated it was clear but she did not agree with that assessment. She said she and this doctor had a face-off when he told her Rudy had "advanced dementia" and she needed to find a place where he could be taken care of. She said this set her off and she told him what she thought of his assessment. Even if the guy might be right, he needs a lesson in bed-side manners. You don't just say something like this about a patient you have not seen before.