Happy Birthday To Me!
Today is my birthday. I'm 56 years old. Wow, that seems unbelieveable. No big plans. Just another day. Jazz and I went for our walk yesterday. We encountered an Austrailian Shepard who gave a lunge and growled at Jazz on the big bridge. I had noticed as we approached the bridge that the owner had suddenly turned around even though they were about half way across the bridge. Jazz and I continued and the man and dog were waiting just off the bridge by the steps. I guess he knew his dog would be aggressive and wanted to clear the way for us. That was nice. Jazz just looked at the dog when we passed. I don't think there is an aggressive bone in his body except maybe for cats. After our walk I decided I wanted to go pick blueberries. I kept trying to talk myself out of it due to the heat but went on since this was about the only day I could go this week. I went to Barron's Blueberries in Lindale on Jim Hogg Road. This is the lady from whom I had bought Bberries at the Farmer's Market on Saturday. Her field was not near as clean or nice as the place I had picked previously....lots of weeds and the bushes were closer together. I kept watch out for snakes but didn't see any. Not surprisingly I was the only one picking. There were gobs of berries so it only took about an hour to get a gallon. Price was $8 a gallon which I suppose is a good price. After the berry picking I returned home going Jim Hogg, under I-20 and to Hway 69 intersection. I realized that Jim Hogg is the road we drove to the turnoff to Aunt Ellen's. I considered turning and driving by the old place but decided not to today. I expect Peggy will be calling soon if she comes to Tyler this week. She said she had to be in Austin Monday and Tuesday. She sure spends a lot of time on the road and in motels. I just could not stand that schedule. I think she likes being the head dog though. LATER: Well indeed Peggy did call and I agreed to meet her for lunch at Applebee's. She indicated she wanted it to be her treat for my birthday. I had shrimp and spinich salad and got a free dessert. I chose the brownie and was it ever good. That alone was worth the trip. Peggy was quite late getting there and actually called the restaurant and they relayed the message that she was running late. When she got there she said Michelle and Lori are fussing with each other and want a meeting with Dr. M. Oh thank goodness I'm out of there.
<< Home