A Week
It's been a week since I posted here. It was difficult to log on today but I finally got here. M stayed two nights. On Monday she didn't get here until nearly 9:00 pm. That seems ridiculous to me to work that long, especially when there are two of them working. She said they had a lot of calls to make but really..... Guess I worked too long for the gov'ment. She worked in J'ville on Tuesday and got back here around 6:00. She decided to stay another night since she was tired and she didn't want to drive another 2.5 hours home. We decided to get a pizza so I went to Bruno's and we ate pizza and watched "Collateral". She said she had not seen it but realized after it began that she had seen it but didn't remember much of it. She thought Bruno's pizza was outstanding. M said Bill had been to Baytown and stayed a week and a day. I'll bet P&R were good and ready for him to leave. That's a long time to have a houseguest..don't care that it was family. M said Frank took him down there and then went on to Galveston. She said they didn't want Bill to drive himself as he is so prone to get "turned around" or lost. She said Bill said R was not doing all that well. He said P "yelled" at him for getting up out of the chair. Bill didn't like that she yelled at him. I don't either but I know how frustrating it must be that he continues to do that when it jeopardizes his safety. Being a caretaker requires an extreme amount of patience...something I don't think P has ever had. I got an strange email from Mike this week asking if I had ever gotten certified to the mobile home appraisals and if so did I have any business. I replied telling him I didn't pursue it. I don't know why he is asking. Makes me wonder if he has lost his job with the paper. I've written KK two emails over the last month or so, the last one on her birthday on Monday, but there has been no response. I also noticed that W's cookbook was delivered last week but no acknowledgement from him. Guess they are busy. I've been looking at state jobs that may be interesting. I learned that retirees have to go back before 9/1 in order to maintain their longivity and leave accurals. I thought about applying for a Child Support collection job but by the time I made up my mind to do it they were no longer posted. There's a QA specialist at the same agency posted but it appears I don't qualify for it. Who knew? I did submit an application for an eligibility worker at DHS. It's temporary for six months but knowing the state it might go on for longer than that. I just need to make some money to pay off the damn credit cards and get my budget back in shape. I could also pump up the 401-k while I'm at it. I finally made a decision about the wedding tomorrow. I reserved a cheap hotel room and will use it just to change clothes and freshen up before the wedding. Afterwards, I'll go back and change into traveling clothes and come on back home. Jazz will stay here. He should be fine. Jazz and I went to Rose Rudman this morning and walked for a full 30 minutes. There were quite a few others walking. He loved it but got tired about 2/3's of the way through. We need to be doing that everyday to build up our stamina. He and I both need to lose weight. I don't want him to get so big he looks like a white blimp.
<< Home