Friday, August 05, 2005

Five Days Walking

Sue Gunter died today. She was the women's basketball coach at LSU. She came there in 1982, two years after I left BR. She was the coach at SFA during the years I was there but I don't remember much about her. I didn't know a lot about her but always enjoyed watching her coach on the sidelines. She was well respected. Her boss at LSU said she had a life that was "well-lived and well-served." We should all be so fortunate to be able to have that said about our lives. Jazz and I made our trip to Rosie's this morning. We have been every day this week. The old coot who rides his bicycle too fast came up behind me before I knew it and I heard him say something. I realized after he passed that he said something like "passing on the left". I had not heard him coming up behind me and when I heard the voice I was startled and said "huh" but by then he was past and moving on. I wonder why he said anything....maybe he's been chastised about whizzing along and nearly hitting people or their animals. I cleaned up a little and went to Tuesday Morning later in the day. They didn't have anything I had to have. It was raining when I came out so instead of going anywhere else I came on home. Jazz was in his safe place on the bed and didn't come out until I went out the back door to feed the birds. He really hates thunder. Another weekend is here. Where does the time go?