Tuesday, August 09, 2005

It's Broken Again

Just look at that sweet baby.... I noticed around 5:00 yesterday that the water main was broken again....this time up close to the fence. I called and this really sour sounding guy grunted "it's been called in." Fine. Come fix it. They did come around 5:30 and put out cones, etc. I figured it would be like last time...we would have some water but the faucets were dry. Glad I still had a couple of gallons in the utility room. The big guns rolled up about 8:00 and started working. They were still working at 10:30 when I decided to go to bed. I was hoping they might finish and I could get a shower but ended up with a washcloth and cold water rubdown. I didn't sleep very well as every little bit they would fire up some big piece of equipment and I suppose that woke me up. I crept to the living room and peeped out at about 3:00 am and it looked like they were packing to go. I guess they did shortly after that as things got quiet. They were back this morning around 8:30 and cleaned all the dirt and mud from the driveways and gutters. I hope it lasts longer than their last fix. Gloria called during the evening to ask about the water. She had water out of her faucets. Interesting. She was griping about her water bill and wondering how much mine was. I told her it was usually around $30 but had gone up to $40 this last month as I had been watering. She said hers was $70 and she couldn't understand that. I wondered if she had a leak somewhere. Jazz and I got our walk in this morning. It looked like it was going to rain any minute. There were only two other people walking that I saw. After we got home I enjoyed a long shower and washed my hair. Went to Sam's this afternoon and had planned to go to the grocery store but when I came out of Sam's it was thundering and dark. I came on home and it finally rained so I put off the grocery store trip until tomorrow. Jazz was glad I was with him since he hates thunder. By the way, I got my reject letter from DHS today. Not a surprise.