Saturday
It's Saturday and Jazz does not understand why we are not going to Rosie's. Poor thing. I decided to go to the Farmer's Market and get a watermelon. There were only 4-5 vendors there this morning so I guess the harvest season is about done. I did get a watermelon so I hope it is a good one. I called Pat and Rudy when I got home. They seem to be doing well. She said they had spent most of the day on Friday getting tests and x-rays. The docs say Rudy's prostate is enlarged and they wanted to check it out. Pat says if it is anything other than just enlarged they will not pursue treatment. It's just to hard on him. She was irritated that they were left sitting for long periods of time plus he was fasting and about to starve to death before they got out of there. She said K&W's house sounded really nice and nothing needs to be done to it. It is a house that a couple had custom built and they are the only ones who have ever lived in it. They are in an assisted living center now so that's why the house was for sale. Pat said it is a three bedroom and three bath plus there is a finished basement with a bedroom and bath down there as well she thinks. They are having a few cosmetic things done to it before they move so probably will not get into it until sometime in October. The beach trip is still on if things go okay. Pat would like to come up here for her 55th class reunion. She was thinking she could leave Rudy with me and maybe Bill could come down and help me with him, especially the bathroom bit. I encouraged them to come. It's been a very long time since they have been to Tyler. If they do come, or even if they don't, I need to get going on the things that need doing around here. The shed roof, the chimney, the flowerbeds, the front yard, hot water heater in the den, selling the trailer. Lots of chores. About 2:00 the doorbell rang. I thought it would be Gloria but it was Peggy from across the fence. She was asking if I had seen the cats lately and I told her about the black one. She said there had been as many as nine cats at her place but she didn't see them much anymore. She still feeds them and knows they are around but just doesn't see them. She said something about her fingernails being rough and said she did stained glass. I told her I had done that in the past and showed her my two completed projects, the cardinal and the iris. She said she was making panels for a bay window. I told her I still had all my tools and was wanting to start it again now that I had more time. She invited me to come over some time and see her things. She's older than me I suspect, maybe in her late 60s or so. A nice lady.
<< Home