Time To Catch Up
I've been so glued to CNN and the internet watching and listening to the Katrina hurricane coverage that I have neglected posting much other than links to informatin about that. Those postings speak for themselves. Jazz and I have continued to walk faithfully every weekday. He looks like he is losing weight and of course I am not. He went to see Marilyn a couple of weeks ago. He was there until 6:00 and once I got him home, it looked like his haircut was a quicky. He had little spikes of hair all over his head and a strip down one side of his back that was a little longer than anywhere else. It was rather funny. I got out the scissors and trimmed him as best I could. He's certainly been proud of the overall hair cut as it made him a lot more comfortable in this hot weather. After much research I decided to order the Bunn coffee grinder from Amazon. It came yesterday. It's a lot bigger than I imagined it would be and is rock solid and heavy. I used it this morning and it didn't leave a splatter of coffee all over the cabinet. There's no static electricity either. I think I am going to really like the Bunn grinder. I felt like trying to help some way with the Katrina disaster. So, I got busy and emptied out mother's closet and the chest of drawers in that room. After washing three loads, I was able to pack out four large boxes of clothes. I took them to Goodwill yesterday afternoon. I still have some straightening to do in there but it should look much better when I finish. Next I need to go through my clothes and pass them along. Patti Couch emailed me to remind me that she would be in Tyler on 9/8 and asking if I could meet her for lunch. We agreed to meet at Cheddar's. She called BB and CC and they came as well. I invited Peggy but she had a fund-raiser in Livingston. I enjoyed seeing all of them. Patti looks just the same and is still just as nice. BB and CC had been to Oregon but not in the van. They rode a Greyhound bus! The trip came just about the time the gas prices went up and they did a little figuring about costs and decided it would be cheaper to just take the bus. They said it was a trip to remember. BB said as we were leaving that she was thinking again about selling the van and I told her I was still interested. I wish I had asked her when she planned to do this. If she doesn't want an outrageous price I'll buy it. I filled out an application for a Lifeline Installer at Mother Frances yesterday. There was also a posting for a social worker which I thought long and hard about. I just do not want to work full-time. I do enjoy my life now and though I would like to have the money I'd rather have the flexibility of part-time work. We'll see what happens.
<< Home