Sunday, October 02, 2005

The Aftermath

I think I have finally recovered from the week of Rita. I've washed towels, sheets and clothes, swept, vacuumed and mopped, watched week old tivoed programs and got back to normal eating schedules. Jazz was a little gentleman the whole time even though Rocky was a SOB and See-See tried to tear up all his toys. Poor Jazz looked so bewildered when See-See would come into the room with another one of his toys. I took some away from her as she was trying to tear them up by chewing a hole so she could get to the fluff inside. I don't allow Jazz to tear them up so I'm for sure not going to let her do it. Pat might not have liked that but I don't care. I cleaned up quite a lot of dog shit during the week. Rocky is about the laziest one dog I've ever been around...too lazy to go to the yard even. I got very irritated with Movel on Wednesday evening. She got in kind of late and of course had to have that coffee. One of her new people called just before she got here and needed to talk to her. Movel said she had some boxes to give to them and told them to come on over rather than waiting until in the morning to come by. The lady said they were fixing a hamburger but would be by asap. Well, we waited an hour or more before they showed up. Of course, we couldn't go anywhere for dinner as we had to wait for them. I suggested a pizza or hamburgers from Braum's. Well, she had pizza for lunch, yada, yada, yada and she didn't know anything about Braum's burgers, Jucy's were better, maybe we could go to McAllister's Deli, yada, yada, yada. Finally around 8:30 we ended up eating sandwiches. Damn, that made me mad. I'm not her maid and I don't intend to cook every evening. She made me angry again when I was sharing Pat's phone call with them. I mentioned something about Pat stopping to get some J'ville tomatoes and she snickered about that saying Pat had all that load of foodstuffs and she stopped to get something else...snicker, snicker. I guess I stuck my foot in my mouth while Pat and Rudy were here. KK had been trying to get them to move to Kville and this hurricane might have been the thing that makes that decision. Pat told her to start looking for nice garden homes as they are seriously considering a move. Pat said something to me about moving and I said I had nothing to keep me here. Well, she shared that with KK and I think they are going to work on me to move. I can't really feature myself moving though.