Monday, November 14, 2005

A Scary Moment

Jazz has been putting himself to bed really early the last few weeks. I thought it might be because it was cooler in the bedroom and he needed a haircut but, even with his haircut, he still goes to bed early. Last night he disappeared and I didn't think much of it. I went to the middle bathroom and there he lay across the door on his side. He wasn't moving. His eyes were open but seemed to be focused on the wall. I said his name several times and he didn't respond. My stomach heaved and I was just sure he was dead. I knelt down and touched him and he raised his head and acted just like normal. I don't understand why he was laying in the doorway. He's never been in that spot before. And he was so still. Really a scary moment. We walked this morning. It is hot but is to get much colder by Wednesday if not earlier. I'm ready for colder temps. Peggy called just as I was getting ready to go walk. She said she had a management meeting so couldn't go to lunch today but tomorrow was good. I told her I was hoping to hear from the plumber but if he didn't come I could go tomorrow. She was bitching about Lori and the management people. The Cowboys play tonight. I hate when they play on Monday night. Messes up my weekend. The Longhorns buried Kansas Saturday. JT lost in the first round of the playoffs. But, so did Longview and they were ranked way up there.