Burrrrrrrrrrrrrrr, It's Damn Cold!
It has been unbelievably cold here the last few days. On the last two mornings it has been 18 degrees and 21 degrees. Wow. It was too cold to go walking although we did venture on over to Rosie's this morning when it reached 34 degrees. That was about 10:30. There was no wind so it was okay to walk. I went to the SW Christmas lunch on Wednesday. It was nice seeing Patti and a couple of others. I was basically ignored by most. Several were not there including Michelle, Tangela and I don't recall seeing Sandra G. CC and BB did not show up either having told Peggy earlier that there was another lunch scheduled there but they were moving it to their house and they would be back afterwards. I left after lunch when the gift exchange started so I don't know if they came back or not. HH was kind of plain looking. The tree was there but not the over abundance of decorations like in the past. Pat called to talk a little yesterday. She said Clint and his girlfriend will fly down and drive them to Knoxville. Pat said she could manage it but she said he insisted so she said okay. I bet she was really relieved about it. Managing Rudy, the dogs, loading and unloading is a lot on her. I'm glad Clint is helping. He will drive them back to Baytown as well then fly back home. That sounds like he will not be making an appearance in Austin this year. I doubt he wanted to anyway. Pat then asked if I could come down for a few days in January and stay with Rudy while she had cataract surgery on her good eye. The doctor has told her it needs to be done asap. KK plans to fly down and go with her for the surgery but someone needs to stay with Rudy. I agreed of course. I'll be they will be living in Kville next Christmas. I've got some of my shopping done and ideas about other things. I told Pat what I had found on the knives that KK and Ward wanted and said I could afford getting a starter set of knives and the block then they could add knives along. She suggested going halves on the 8 piece set if that was in my budget. It was so I agreed. I found the set at Dillard's and didn't have to have it shipped so that was good. No worrying if it will get here or there in time. So it looks like Kville for Christmas unless Rudy gets sick or some other calamity occurs. Don't know if we will be in the new house but it doesn't sound like it. I posted my job interview dilemma on TIVO chat. Someone suggested I write her a letter confirming my interest in the job. If she doesn't respond to that then just forget about it. Another said it sounded like they were no longer interested in me for whatever reason. Several said the lack of a return call was rude and not a good business practice and I probably don't want to work for them anyway. I think I will send a letter and see what happens if anything. If there's no call, I can forget about it and look elsewhere.
<< Home