Monday, December 12, 2005

A Day At Groomingdale's

It's lonesome here today. I took the Jazz-man to see Marilyn and get his hair cut early this morning so it's been quiet around here today. I went to Sam's and bought a few things I needed. I ordered a couple of CD's from Amazon. After lunch I went to Dillard's and found some PJ's for Clint. I'm still kind of stuck on a decision for Pat and for Rudy and something for Bobbie. But, other than that, I'm good to go for gifts. I did a little more decorating over the weekend. Put the wreath on the door and on the mantle. I put out some of the snowglobes but not much more than that. It just doesn't make much sense to drag out the tree and all those decorations when I will not be here on Christmas. I also fixed the new shower fixture. It has something called "scald-guard" on it and was installed with the temp set on a low setting. The water would get lukewarm at best. I was really disappointed in that and was afraid I was going to have to call the plumber back. But, I read the instructions and learned it could be set to a higher temp. So I figured out how to do it and did it. Yea, hot showers again. I also installed the new Sirius receiver I got this week from Costco. I used the suction cup and put it in the lower middle of the windshield. I think it looks great there and it is certainly east to see and know what is playing. It seems secure and, best of all, it is nice not to have to pick up a tumped over radio every time I turn a corner. I've not worried too much about hiding it when the car is parked in the mall, etc. Hopefully no one will try to steal it and tear up the car trying to get at it. I really enjoyed the Cowboys yesterday. They finally won a close one in the last few seconds. It was their turn to do that I think as they have lost so many last minute heartbreakers this season