Possible Job?
There was an ad in Sunday's paper for a part time SW at the long term unit at Mother's. It's called Continue Care. Anyway I sent in my resume. Dumb me I attached the WordPerfect resume to an email. I got a reply that they could not open a WordPerfect file. Microsoft has taken over the world. So, I redid it. So far I have heard nothing else. If I don't hear anything by Friday, I'll fax my resume to the two home health agencies that also were advertising. Not what I really want to do but it is to the point I cannot be choosy. I had it around and around with TIVO yesterday as well. It kept showing a blue screen saying it could not display live TV. So, I double-checked all the cables, and did all the things the screen suggested to no avail. Finally about 6:45 or so I called Tech Support. I had to wait almost 30 minutes to talk to anyone. At the tech's suggestion, I changed up all the cables and on and on and still nothing worked. Her parting suggestion was to go thru the guided setup again. I did and it still showed the blue screen. I posted about the problem on Tivo community forum and got a response from a guy in Arizona. Similar problem and it turns out his Series 2 "540" Tivo and his Motorola cable box from Cox just did not communicate very well. He finally took the box off his TV and just used the Tivo to record analog channels. So, this morning I turn on the TV and it's the same. Later in the morning I turn it on and........all's fine. I guess I'll enjoy it while it lasts. There's strange things happening on the big TV too....lots of pixilation, audio problems. Maybe it is something to do with Cox. If I continue to have problems I'll just take the den cable box back to Cox and use the Tivo for what I record on that second Tivo. Most all is analog stations anyway and that will save m a few dollars. It rained last night. Not a lot and not very hard but the rain was very welcome. Jazz and I walked this morning. I got another tick off of him. This one was under his neck. It was already huge. I bathed him Sunday afternoon and didn't notice the thing then. I don't know where he is picking them up unless it is at Rosie's. I thought also that the Revolution repelled ticks. I need to talk to the vet about that. Peggy called yesterday morning to let me know she was not coming to Tyler until Tuesday. She said Shirley's mother had died and the service is Tuesday at 11:00. She didn't know if she would go or not. My thought is she better get her butt up here and go to that funeral. People remember when the boss doesn't show the proper respect.
<< Home